Sunday, January 06, 2008

Twelfth Night...

And Christmas is officially over. Time to take down the tree and the other decorations. Time to return the sunroom to its usual state as a place to sit and relax. And to work out on the Nordic Track. Sigh... it always makes me a bit blue, taking down the tree. It's so pretty. But it's also really depressing to keep the tree up too long after Christmas is over, so take it down we must and turn our attention to the new year.

So, Happy New Year!



This is what greeted us on New Year's morning, so my first official act of 2008 was shoveling snow. It wasn't all THAT deep or heavy, though, so I can't complain too much. It sure was pretty!

So, what has been occupying me this first week of the year? Writing, some. I have (as far as I can tell) four chapters left to write on the novel. I'm going to try to finish it in a week/week and a half. Then I'm going to read back through it and tweak. I'm reasonably sure I can get it to Jeff for his feedback as promised.

I've also been busy repopulating my iTunes library and iPod playlist (one only--so I can shuffle it to work out to). I finally figured out (with Jeff's help) why my iPod was full to the brim with less than 200 songs, when it is supposed to be able to hold at least three times that number. I had been uploading songs as huge files! Duh! So I got rid of those huge files, and I'm now uploading what I had again and more. It's exciting to know I'll have so many songs to work out to, but it's taking a while to replace and add.

I also bought us our own copy of Veganomicon. I bought Rachel a copy for Christmas and before I sent it to her, I browsed through it a bit. The recipes look fairly easy and they seem as if they would be tasty, but it was the breezy, engaging writing that made me want a copy for myself. We're going to try to make one of the recipes each week. Neither one of us can commit to veganism, or even to a constant vegetarian diet (go without bacon? I do not THINK so!), but we both think we could do with healthier dietary options.

So... that's about it for now. Although I have to recommend that if you have NOT seen Ratatouille yet, do yourself a favor and do. It is one of the best films I've seen in a long, long time.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger G. W. Ferguson said...

Happy New Year!

Even though I'm not a Christmas junkie by any stretch of the imagination, I'm always a little sad when the lights and decorations start to disappear. Of course in Richmond they won't be completely gone till near the end of the month, but that just seems even sadder, those last, lingering vestiges of the holiday season.

And then again, it's 70 degrees here today--wtf?

Now, GET BACK TO WRITING!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cathy VanPatten said...

LOL! It was 65 here, a record. And now we're under a tornado watch, so what the hell am I doing online? Sheesh.

It's the end of the world. (Cue rabid seagulls.)

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THAT SNOW! And yeah, it was 72 here yesterday. Should be close to that again today. Sigh!!

Mmmm....bacon....!

Send up some fireworks when the book is done so we can see and celebrate!

Beth

8:26 AM  
Blogger Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Oh, that white stuff is so pretty! I'm not holding my breath on getting any of that down here in TX this year, so I'll just sit and gaze admiringly at yours.

We're trying to go a bit more vegetarian around here, too. Steven's kidneys, you know. *sigh* He's adjusting surprisingly well. Jumpin' Jude sent me a wonderful package of Indian spices and a cookbook to help me in this endeavor. And I'm enjoying the Mayo Clinic cookbook, too, which has some fabulous vegetarian recipes.

Steven had a coworker who loves bacon so much that he named his cat Bacon. And it's a girl cat, poor thing.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home