Friday, February 08, 2008

All Mod Cons (The Jam)

In honor of my newly replenished iPod workout playlist (734 songs--only around 2 gigs so far and counting--as opposed to the 182 songs that used to fill it to capacity) here's a meme I pilfered from somewhere so long ago that I don't even recall where it came from. Yeah, it's kind of silly, but most memes are, aren't they? And some of the entries are rather spot on, if I do say so myself!

Enjoy!

Directions:
1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, iPod etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS

1.IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
Crawling from the Wreckage (Dave Edmunds)

2.HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Twisted (Joni Mitchell) (!!!)

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Words (The Poptarts)

Yea! Can you guess which of those lovely ladies of song is me? (Hint, you can look straight up my nose! Yikes!)

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Shakin’ All Over (The Flamin’ Groovies)

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Dancing in the Street (The Mamas and the Papas)

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Won’t Get Fooled Again (The Who)

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Glad All Over (Dave Clark Five)

8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
My Little Angel (The Flashcubes)

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
High Fidelity (Elvis Costello)

10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
I’ll Be Doggone (Marvin Gaye)

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR EX?
Shop Around (Smokey Robinson and the Miracles)

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Carnival Time (Bo Dollis and the Wild Magnolias)

13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Leader of the Pack (The Shangri-Las) (I'll say! LOL!)

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Play that Fast Thing (One More Time) Rockpile

15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? (Isn't this really the same as #12?)
We’re Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes)

16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Don’t Panic (Coldplay) (!!!)

17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Fujiyama Mama (Wanda Jackson)

18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Back in My Arms Again (The Supremes)

19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
If Not for You (George Harrison)

20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Get Rhythm (NRBQ)

Now press Next one more time and use it as your title.
(See title of this entry)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

This is hilarious, and I'm thinking I just might have to borrow it for my blog!

Good grief, how could y'all do anything in dresses so short! I can't even imagine that! Y'all look great, though. :-)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Cathy VanPatten said...

LOL, ewok!

Actually, I scanned a bunch of old photos of the band, and I'm planning to do some entries devoted to it. But the dresses were quite the attraction at the time. It was a year or two before minis came back in style. Guys used to stand at the foot of the stage and try to look up the dresses... the thing is, we always wore tights (or sometimes Gael--the tall one--wore fishnets) AND dance trunks, so there were several layers between what the guys hoped to see and what they actually GOT to see...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I just remember being in high school and wearing a huge, long sweater with some sort of leggings or something, as was the style circa 1991. My mom eyed me, then said, "You know, I used to wear dresses shorter than that!"
Naturally, I was appalled to think of my mom in one of those micro-minis of the 60s.

I asked her how she could do anything in such a short skirt. She said, "Very carefully! And you couldn't bend over." LOL!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Cathy VanPatten said...

Oh yeah, there was a specific technique for getting into and out of a car!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home