Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Bird Attack!!! (Part 2)

It turns out that the bird wasn't clumsy or woozy from eating fermented berries--the damn thing WAS attacking me!

Check this out:

Male Blackbird Intent on Protecting Turf

From the link:

"Nesting season is in full swing for the red-winged blackbird, making the males extremely aggressive. Walk or bike too close to one's nest and expect to hear its high, menacing squawk overhead. Then comes the peck-peck-peck on your head, victims say, or claws rustling your hair."

So, it was a red-winged blackbird and not a starling that was the culprit! But I didn't hear any squawk. Oh. Maybe because I had the Sex Pistols cranked? "Now I got a reason, now I got a reason..." SLAM!

At least I didn't get PECKED!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger G. W. Ferguson said...

I see Mattel has already commemorated this event with a Special Edition Barbie!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Cathy VanPatten said...

OMG!! Hilarious!!

Of COURSE that is me, cleverly disguised as Tippy, doing my fitness walk in my lovely green suit!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home