Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm back... Not even sure I was gone!

So, I decided that trolls be damned! I was going to open the blog back up tonight. But when I went to do so, it was open already. Hmmm. The wonders of technology. Or perhaps my less than wondrous grasp of it.

First and foremost, though, I want to let everyone know that the pictures of me and of my friends and family that appear here are private property. They are not to be reproduced anywhere without my express permission--not on message boards, not on other Web sites, not on Facebook... you get the picture! (But you cannot reproduce it, capice?)

In case this doesn't make sense, I will explain. A message board troll--someone who claimed to be of the tea party persuasion, but who really, I think, was simply nuts (and not in a good way)--targeted me as one of her favorite liberals to hate and stalk. She pulled pictures of me from this very blog to post on the message board and deride. Now, I'm a vain kinda gal, and I don't post pictures of myself here on my OWN BLOG that I think are ugly or even less than flattering. So it was a shock to see a picture I kind of liked--the one from years ago where I'm modeling the sweet winter coat I scored at a North Shore rummage sale for $40, brand new, tags still on--captioned with exclamations of how ugly I am. Not that I care what a troll has to say... but it's a gross invasion of privacy, is it not? And not at all nice. So, if by any chance the troll in question reads this, she should know that I can track downloads, and I will take action if happens again. I'm a fairly laid back gal, but I do have limits!

Now, let's forge ahead and forget about the wide world of trolls, shall we?

I know that I've been woefully lacking in updates for lo, these many months, but I'm going to try to change that. So, for your viewing pleasure, I present to you the teeny architectural treasure trove of Hartman's Rock Garden in Springfield, Ohio.



Last October, on our yearly pilgrimage to my hometown of Waynesboro, VA and the incomparable Fall Foliage Festival, we made an overnight stop in Springfield, Ohio. There was not much to recommend the town (sorry, Springfield!), but this little roadside attraction was worth a look-see.

First off, it really IS in the back and side yard of a little house.



Built in the '30s, the place was maintained by the guy who built it and his family until 2007 when he died. The Kohler Foundation (bless them!) has taken over its maintenance and restoration.

The imagery ranges from the patriotic

to the religious

to the medieval

to the colonial

to the western

to the southwestern

to the inexplicable.


So if you find yourself in the vicinity of Springfield, Ohio, one fine day, march on over to the residential side of town

and enjoy!

Jeff and Cathy give it three cups o' joe!




Yanno, those cups o' joe were supposed to be aligned. Sigh. Yet another display of my woeful lack of tech savvy! Feh!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I thought the purloined photo was really cute.

10:50 PM  
Blogger G. W. Ferguson said...

Trolls need to stay under their bridges.

LOVE the rock garden!

Oh, and "Up In The Old Hotel" is one of my favorite books! I've got River-Horse, but haven't read it yet--I've been on an Urban Fantasy kick of late.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy VanPatten said...

You will LOVE River-Horse. Vintage Heat-Moon!

I have some spectacular photos of a roadside concretia dementia rock garden that got shifted from my long forgotten photoworks account to shutterfly when photoworks bit the dust... I'll have to post those sometime soon!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home